[OpenAFS-devel] Incorrect password on NT clients to Linux server

karthy-openafs-devel@karthy.net karthy-openafs-devel@karthy.net
16 Mar 2001 12:45:37 +0100

 ajames> Hi folks, I am getting Incorrect password errors on an NT
 ajames> client connecting to a single Linux server.  I compiled the
 ajames> source on Linux myself (OpenAFS 1.02 installed per the IBM
 ajames> getting started doc almost verbatim).  I used a binary on NT
 ajames> that was given to me (didn't have VC++ or IS).  The Linux
 ajames> client works fine, I can log in as a user and both integrated
 ajames> login and manual klog work fine.  I used uss to create the
 ajames> user and the default password is changeme (tried from NT with
 ajames> this password, and tried changing it on linux then trying
 ajames> from NT with the new one, both fail from NT).

 ajames> On the NT box, if I give an incorrect username, I get an
 ajames> "incorrect user" message, so it appears to be making the
 ajames> conncetoin.  There are no messages logged (that I found) on
 ajames> the server, I checked all files in the /usr/afs/logs
 ajames> directory and /var/log/messages and /var/log/security.

I havd the same problem, and I got it tracked down to, that the
Windows code is using port 750 where as Linux is using port
8000-something (can't remember from top of my head). Once I openede
port 750 in our firewall, everything started working just fine!

Karsten