[OpenAFS-devel] RE: Really slow vos dumps to local disks

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:44:33 -0600

troot-srvtst03(76)> time vos dump test1 -time 0 -file /dev/null -server
srvtst03 -partition /vicepb -localauth
0.970u 0.870s 0:24.49 7.5%      0+0k 0+0io 199pf+0w
troot-srvtst03(77)> time /tmp/volinfo -part /vicepb -volumeid 536870915
-saveinodes > /dev/null
0.400u 1.170s 0:01.58 99.3%     0+0k 0+0io 124pf+0w

That's pretty damn clear to me. (note - the volinfo is kindof broke, but it
does retrieve all the data off the disk and write it - in this case the
volinfo open() has been changed to open /dev/null to keep things similar
since I only have one disk in the box at the moment.)

-- Nathan