[OpenAFS-devel] little script that can be handy for working on openafs

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:58:06 -0600

This may be obvious to some, but it has been quite handy:

My openafs dir is at /umr/s/openafs/@sys

---
#!/bin/sh -x
make SYS_NAME=`/usr/afsws/bin/sys`
SRCDIR=/umr/s/openafs/`/usr/afsws/bin/sys`/dest/
DESTDIR=/umr/s/openafs/`/usr/afsws/bin/sys`/dest/ $*
---

You can run that script in any of the obj/ directories to build just that
dir, or specify additional targets on the command line/etc.

Yes, it's ugly, but if you've been running make at the top level all the
time, it can make things alot easier and certainly beats waiting for the
whole make to finish when all you've changed is a single file.

Personally, I'd like to see the initial make-links build a Makefile.include
in the toplevel @sys directory that can be included by all the sublevel ones
so that you don't have to specify SYS_NAME all the time. In fact, I'm not
sure why this couldn't be done easily.

-- Nathan