[OpenAFS-devel] compiling OpenAFS under Linux 2.4.2

Olga Kornievskaia aglo@engin.umich.edu
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:50:52 -0500 (EST)

Has anybody been able to compile OpenAFS (1.0.3) under Linux 2.4.2?
I'm having problems doing so. Depending on the compiler (I tried: gcc,
kgcc, and cc), the build stops because of parse errors (in header files).
gcc or cc fails in kdump.c. kgcc fails in libuafs/UAFS directory with
parse errors. I would greatly appreciate if somebody can tell me if the
current release of OpenAFS works under the linux kernel version 2.4.2. And
if somebody faced similar compilation problems I would like to know if
there is a solution.

Thank you.