[OpenAFS-devel] feature request at some point

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:21:02 -0600

Ability to issue something like "vos partscan servername" to have the server
rescan available partitions on the server and make available any new ones.

This applies in my case, where I forgot to mount one 66 GB chunk of a raid
box, and I'm sure people using FibreChannel or SANs would also probably find
it useful.

At some point, the ability to remove/deactivate a live partition would be
nice, but not nearly as useful as scanning for new ones.

-- Nathan