[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Kernel 2.4.2 Compile

Carl Fischer muskr@umich.edu
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:41:20 -0500

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:59:37 -0500, Carl Fischer <muskr@umich.edu> wrote:
[SNIP]
> The problem I'm having now is that my kernel panics.
> (bummer, eh?)  Here's all the junk it put in my log.
[END SNIP]

I _think_ that those problems were related to xfs.o (from arla) being in
the kernel at the same time or having been in there previously.  I removed
arla from my start-up, migrated my configuration, and things are working
pretty well now.
   I did have a little troubble with the NVdriver kernel module (for
nVidia video cards in X-windows) for the first time, but maybe that was
just a fluke.

	 -Carl

--
Carl Fischer IV <muskr@umich.edu>      Graduate Student Research Assistant
Electrical Engin. and Comp. Sci.       Founder, Theta Gamma of Theta Tau