[OpenAFS-devel] Win2K

Dave Bailey D.Bailey@bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:28:47 -0000

Hi,

I've been building OpenAFS 1.0.3 on Win2K. Finally managed to build it with
VC6 (against the latest SDK) including the patch to get the client to
behave. I've also tried the server part and it seems to work too. I've
noticed a problem with the "fs" command though. I tried mounting a test
volume with "fs mkmount" which resulted in the client loosing all my tokens
and hanging - only a restart would cure it. I'm not really familiar with the
internals here so don't really want to go hacking about in the dark.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this would happen? It seems like vos
behaves itself.

If anyone wants the bianries, I've got a (very preliminary) install kit
built with the free Inno Setup compiler instead on Installshield. Just drop
me a line.

Cheers,
	Dave
                                              __  _
David Bailey                              .-.'  `; `-._  __  _
Bristol University                       (_,         .-:'  `; `-._
Email: D.Bailey@Bristol.ac.uk          ,'o"(        (_,           )
Tel:   +44 117 9288714                (__,-'      ,'o"(            )>
Fax:   +44 117 9255624                   (       (__,-'            )
                                                        |||  |||