[OpenAFS-devel] Windows build problems

Eric Lorenzo elorenzo@arsdigita.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:21:22 -0500

You could get it to stop trying to run flex by 'touch'ing the file
generated from et_lex.lex.l (et_lex.lex_nt.c) so that nmake doesn't try
to build it.  That won't really work, though, because there is (as of
1.0.2) an error in the .l file that you're going to need to fix.
Specifically, the line reading:

[\t\n ]        ;

needs to be replaced with:

If you don't do this, then you're going to run into other errors down
the road, as the build attempts to process various error table files
that contain carriage returns.  The alternative to fixing the lexer is
to write a script that finds the various error table files and removes
the carriage returns.  Neither solution is really a big deal, but since
I recall there being other problems with the lexer/parser .c files
included in the distribution, and needing to rebuild those, I'd
recommend going ahead and installing flex & bison.

Eric