[OpenAFS-devel] Size limitations in OpenAFS?

Kangesh Gunaseelan kangesh@real.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:52:18 -0800

Hi,

I found the following size limitations in the AFS 3.6 release notes:
Maximum file size - 2 GB
Maximum disk cache size - 1 GB
Maximum volume size - 8 GB
Number of replication server per volume - 12

Do these limits apply to OpenAFS sources as well or has
anyone enhanced the sources to get rid of the limitations?

I am considering using AFS for streaming media files and
need to really get rid of the above size limitations.
I am yet to familiarize with the source files but would be
glad to hear from any one that has looked at the sources
regarding what is involved in changing these limits.

By the way, is there any performance benchmarks on
how AFS performs with respect to very large files?

Thanks,
Kangesh