[OpenAFS-devel] Size limitations in OpenAFS?

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:03:06 +0200

Kangesh Gunaseelan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found the following size limitations in the AFS 3.6 release notes:
> Maximum file size - 2 GB
> Maximum disk cache size - 1 GB
> Maximum volume size - 8 GB
> Number of replication server per volume - 12
>
> Do these limits apply to OpenAFS sources as well or has
> anyone enhanced the sources to get rid of the limitations?

Once again (I posted this information already several times) you could
use MR-AFS instead. There you don't have the file-size and volume-size
limitations on the server side and we have a beta version for large file
support on the client side running presently only rs_aix42, however.

Hartmut