[OpenAFS-devel] Size limitations in OpenAFS?

Kangesh Gunaseelan kangesh@real.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:07:53 -0800

From what I read on openafs-devel and openafs-info archives, I believe
MR-AFS is not open-sourced at this time.  Is that right?

The primary platforms that I am targetting are Linux and Solaris for both
servers and clients.  Will MR-AFS support Linux and Solaris any time soon?

Can you please share any insights on what is involved in changing the
file size and volume size limits in terms of the modules that needs to be
extended?   I am trying to get a sense of effort involved in fixing these
in OpenAFS
by someone that is new to AFS.

Why is the disk cache size limited to 1 GB?  Is this a hard limitation or
just a
recommendation?  Again, if any one can share insights on what is involved in
fixing these that would be really helpful.

I have read postings that talked about performance being slow for files
larger than
1 GB.   Is it due to the cache size limitation? what are the issues?

Thanks much,
Kangesh