[OpenAFS-devel] afsdb support configuration

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 24 May 2001 17:28:17 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like for the next OpenAFS release to have the AFSDB support recently
contributed by Nickolai Zeldovich enabled, but before I do that, I'd like
reasonable assurances that I won't need to change ordering of what's tried
in the very next version.

Currently it's implemented such that CellServDB is authoritative and AFSDB
lookups are only done if there's no entry or if a prvious lookup had been
done.

Things I can see people wanting, and I don't necessarily have approaches
in mind for any of it:
-Some sites will want to allow only cells from a list, but prefer or
require AFSDB lookup for those (I would do this with a CellServDB entry
with no servers, but it could be done other ways)
-Some sites will want a switch to choose which is preferred. Where should
this go? An fs command? Something else?

What do other people think?

-D