[OpenAFS-devel] Problems with shutting down afsd - revisited

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Sun, 27 May 2001 17:26:19 -0400

  1. If I leave AFS running although I shut the network down and reconnect
  the machine the next morning, how long will it take until the AFS client
  recovers?

Until you do "fs checks -all".  Put this in the same script you use to bring
up the network.

  And will it recover at all after such a "long" period of
  network outage?

Yes, no problem.

  2... Wouldn't I get quite long, annoying
  timeouts each time I e.g. try to expand a file or command name in the
  shell (as it also tries to look into the AFS dirs)?

I think you might, but as I said, we can fix that.  Afs should fail
immediately on any access if you have no network.