[OpenAFS-devel] Trial Baloon for Red Hat packaging

sodre sodre@wam.umd.edu
25 Sep 2001 17:07:54 -0400

On Tue, 2001-09-25 at 15:18, Derek Atkins wrote:
> sodre <sodre@wam.umd.edu> writes:
>
> > I know nothing is going to change... that is why I said to go with the
> > most complete version including the kernel version.
>
> If nothing is going to change, then what's the point of the extra
> (useless) information?  It is theoretically possible to have multiple
> kernel versions for the same Red Hat release, so that's why I've put
> it there (not that the infrastructure would support that at this
> time).  I just don't understand your reasoning here.  Could you please
> elaborate?
>
> -derek

Hey Derek,
  I think my words did not inform exactly what I wanted. I meant that if
you are going to choose a different name for the packages, then putting
as much information as possible is a good thing and that is why I tought
option 2 was a good one.

Patrick Sodre