[OpenAFS-devel] Aaargh! Incompatible includes.

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:55:24 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Adam Thornton wrote:

> How hard would it be to make OpenAFS rely on the
> more-or-less-standard-by-now set of includes that OpenSSL and most
> (Linux, anyway) distributions provide?

Relying on external packages violates a constraint we've been working
under for a while, but:

> It mostly seems to be traceable to differing sets of header files and
> libraries; the XDR headers in rpc are one set whose different
> interpretations cause SuSE 7.0+patches on S/390 to refuse to build Samba
> with the --with-afs option

this should be fixable; it's been fixed for all the other platforms which
had similar problems

> for another, AFS, OpenSSL, and MIT K5 all
> appear to use mutually incompatible DES headers.

I haven't looked in a while but last I did the types may have been
different but the net result was the same. Has something changed?

I have ADM building against AFS, Heimdal, OpenSSL, SASL and libcyrus, and
yes, all being linked into one binary. I did need to explore this, and
honestly I don't remember what the answer was.

-D