[OpenAFS-devel] ppc_linux22 still working incorrectly on Debian

Atro Tossavainen Atro.Tossavainen@Helsinki.FI
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:30:57 +0300 (EEST)

Chas,

> hm.  i did the ppc "port" and i run it on a daily basis.  its been
> a while since i ran with a 2.2 kernel though.  could you try
> a 2.4 kernel?  most ppc distributions have moved to the 2.4
> kernel series.

The 2.4.5 kernel supplied with the NuBus Mac port apparently does not
contain the xmon kernel debugger, so I get

# /sbin/insmod -f -m /usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.5.o
/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.5.o: unresolved symbol xmon

As said before, the process of building a functional ppc kernel is still
a bit unclear to me.

> are you building the ppc release yourself or are you getting
> it from somewhere?  what distribution are you running?

Building it myself, as always.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.