[OpenAFS-devel] Negative size on fs lq .

Satish Kumar ksatish@in.ibm.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:54:36 +0530

The changes suggested will fix the problem that you are facing as only
these are used in the block size calculation's for the volume. It has been
tested and used by Gregory.

>That code looks ok as far as it goes, however...

>It's not a patch, so it's hard for me to tell what you want to change.
You
>can make a patch with "diff -u" between the old and new versions.
>I have no way of testing this, and you didn't say whether you tested it.

In those function we only have to change the datatypes of these variables.

**************
>       afs_int32 NewLength; /*size after this store completes */
<       afs_uint32 NewLength; /*size after this store completes */

>       int size;
<       unsigned int size;

>       int       newlength;          /* Holds new directory length */
<       unsigned int newlength;         /* Holds new directory length */

>I have to wonder whether this is the only thing preventing large files
from
>working.  Again, have you tested this?  There are some other signed ints
in
>that file that I would also worry about.

This is related to only the block size calculation for the volume and
doesn't deal with the file size parameters. Again this has been tested.

Thanks and Regards,
Satish Kumar K.V