[OpenAFS-devel] Installation openAFS 1.2.10 on WinXP fails...

Sergej Pioch sergej.pioch@rz.uni-freiburg.de
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:35:31 +0100

Hello everybody,

I hope that I've chosen the right mailinglist for reporting a bug that I
have encountered today. I tried to set up an AFS-client, verison 1.2.10
on Windows XP Professional. The setup-routine terminates wit the
following error:

' Couldn't load C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\_ISTMP1.DIR\ISTMP0.DIR\GetWebDLL.dll '.

By searching the problem on Google, I found that similar problems
occured under Windows NT4 and I followd the istructions on the page to
trace the problem. I started to setup the AFS-client until the point was
reached, where the setup-language is requested. Then I searched the
\WINDOWS\TEMP directory for the 'GetWebDLL.dll' library. But it could
not be found in the temporary install folders. There only resides the
'afs_setup_utils_1028.dll' library in the subfolders.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Best regards

S. Pioch