[OpenAFS-devel] multiple realm ptserver problem - bug?

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:54:59 -0500

I've noted that in pr_Initialize, there are a couple of statics. These
appear to be caching ptserver information.

so, if I do a pr_Initialize after the initial cell connect with no
configuration directory, it resets enough of those that it connects to
the correct ptserver (although it spews an error about no config file
being found). Ugh.

the two solutions I see to fixing pr_initialize at the moment are:
1. make something not static so stuff isn't cached (I'm guessing it is
being cached to try and speed up certain operations?)
2. add a litle bit of code to the top of the function to allow calling
it that will reset a cached structure if, say, an empty confdir is
passed (so that an error message isn't spewed to console everytime
someone obtains tokens).

Thoughts?