[OpenAFS-devel] memory cache size limits?

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 07:58:57 -0600

Just saw on the console that it's getting an error about memory cache
too large for available memory.=20

The machine has 1 GB of RAM. I can cause the problem by setting a large
(40000) statcache size, and a 45MB cache, or a 10000 statcache and a
75MB cache, etc.=20

Why is libafs not able not allocate very much memory in the kernel?

-- Nathan