[OpenAFS-devel] Building OpenAFS on Windows with InstallShield and Multiple Languages

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:31:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> My intentions are to build the next version, 1.2.x from the CVS on W2K
> And to try turning on the global drive code again, and add gssklog.

I don't suppose anyone's going to try to provide a rxkad 2b aklog? I
suspect that would be of more general interest than gssklog, not to
discourage you from doing what's going to be useful for you.

>  So far you are the only one to respond with any comment to my mail. It is
> not clear if the InstallShield files in the CVS are actually used to build
> the OpenAFS distribution, or are holdovers from the original Transarc source.
> It says to use InstallShield 5.x, but 5.x is old, comings out before W2K and XP.

Jim Peterson has been using 5.5 to build the installer; We use what we
have, because it's all we have that will build an internationalized
installer. For what it's worth, he's unavailable to respond now, which is
probably why he hasn't.

As to plans to do a newer version of Installshield support, it's a matter
of time. I think Scott D Williams did something newer, but without
internationalization or server support (not that the server support
probably works yet anyway). If we could have a newer and internationalized
version to distribute a lot of people would be very happy, me included.