[OpenAFS-devel] Building OpenAFS on Windows with InstallShield and Multiple Languages

Scott D. Williams sdw@email.unc.edu
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:30:15 -0400

>Jim Peterson has been using 5.5 to build the installer; We use what we
>have, because it's all we have that will build an internationalized
>installer. For what it's worth, he's unavailable to respond now, which is
>probably why he hasn't.
>
>As to plans to do a newer version of Installshield support, it's a matter
>of time. I think Scott D Williams did something newer, but without
>internationalization or server support (not that the server support
>probably works yet anyway). If we could have a newer and internationalized
>version to distribute a lot of people would be very happy, me included.

Hello,
As mentioned, I did an Installshield Developer 7.0x based installer for the
English, Windows NT/2000/XP client. This is not script driven, but uses
relative pathnames so the installer directory can be dropped in and built
as a separate step. Finished installers for the last several versions of
OpenAFS are here:
http://www.unc.edu/~sdw/dist/openafs/installer.htm

I would be happy to forward the Installshield files to anyone who might be
interested in using them as a starting point. I plan to revisit installer
development this summer, but mostly to complete & test an MSI version.
(Evidently, there are legal issues wrt sharing this). It's possible that we
will upgrade Installshield to v. 8. At this time, I've not yet determined
if this upgrade is warranted.

--Scott