[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.2.10 Release Candidate 1 now available for testing

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:14:59 +0200 (CEST)

> - Several fileserver defects have been corrected, including a potential
>   deadlock at shutdown time.

I can report that the fileserver now behaves as expected during a bos
restart. That is OSF1 V5.0 1094 alpha. I don't understand why the new
softsig code works - I'll need to  read the code som more times :-)

> Please try out this candidate release and report your findings.

Not "back to the workbench right away" ;-), but to say something more
I'd have to run some more tests.

> - Opteron processors

I have not had any time for testing openafs on the opteron yet. I made
myself an Arla that kindof worked after writing some lwp asm code (but
as I'm not an asm friendly person that code probably can be improved a
lot). That can be found in the Arla CVS. The pthreads functions that
Arla falls back to if asm is not available seems to be broken in the
SuSE stuff that is installed on the box I use (*). Then a coworker
changed the kernel (it is a test box and he had good reasons for it)
and I did not have time to do anything about opteron since then.

Harald.

(*) my opteron versions:
SuSE SLES 8 (powered by UnitedLinux 1.0) (x86_64)
glibc-devel-2.2.5-164
glibc-devel-32bit-8.1-9