[OpenAFS-devel] Building OpenAFS on Windows with InstallShield and Multiple Languages

James Peterson james@abrakus.com
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:36:23 -0700

I'm porting Windows NT install scripts, v5.5, Install Shield to v6.0.  This
is the same version level of Install Shield that is used for Windows 9x.  It
will also support multiple languages.

Certainly we could move to version 8.0 of Install Shield; however, I
couldn't offer the multiple languages.

Since I had gotten verbal permission from Install Shield to publish their
6.0 scripts; when I finish the 6.0 port I will release the scripts to
OpenAFS to be part of the source tree.

This is my view of what should be next.   As always, I would welcome any
comments or 'letter bombs'.

James
"Integrity is the Base of Excellence"