[OpenAFS-devel] os x patches included in 1.2.9?

Alexei Kosut akosut@cs.stanford.edu
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:00:15 -0800

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:06:58PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Perhaps someone might like to actually submit them to the openafs-bugs
> > queue...
>
> I've been bugging Alexei to do that for over a year now, and I don't know
> why it hasn't happened.

That'd be my fault.  Though I have it at May 10th, which is not quite
a year :)

I had mentioned the patches on the port-darwin mailing list; I had
been hoping to get some feedback from the OpenAFS/Mac OS X community
before pursuing getting the changes merged into an official OpenAFS
release.  I also haven't had a chance to merge the patches with the
current 1.2.x branch, which would be a prerequesite (our current
Stanford release is still based on 1.2.7).

Also, to be honest, I didn't know that there was an official avenue
for directing enhancements to the OpenAFS folks-in-charge.  I suppose
the "Bug Tracking" link on the OpenAFS Web page should have been a
clue, but it never occured to me to click it.

Apologizes all around.  If filing tickets with openafs-bugs is the
appropriate way to get patches considered for future OpenAFS releases,
I will go ahead and do that.

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> <http://cs.stanford.edu/~akosut/>