[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Is OpenAFS vulnerable to CA-2003-10 ?

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
21 Mar 2003 10:25:11 -0600

Once all of the other "trunk is completely useless for linux servers
right now" problems are resolved, something I was thinking of working on
(along with my 5 million other projects) is a cleanup of the XDR stuff.
Disabling any non-used stuff would definately be an option here. (Does
ANYONE use Rx directly for anything besides AFS?)

One of the main things I want to do is to rename all of the functions
and structures to make them distinct to AFS. This will allow fully
prototyping everything xdr without conflicting with the O/S provided
headers and libs. We already use our own xdr libs for everything, might
as well eliminate the naming conflict as well.

I'd agree though, should probably be fixed or axed.

-- Nathan