[OpenAFS-devel] TSM not supported on Linux

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
23 May 2003 14:05:38 -0400

Here at RPI we use TSM to backup our volumes to tape.  We currently do
this on our AIX boxes using Transarc AFS butc.  We are moving to OpenAFS
and I've built the source code with TSM support, however, it isn't
supported on the Linux system.  The XBSA library is needed for this to
work, and is IBM property.

Is there any gossip that this will someday be supported?  Is anyone else
using TSM for backups?  Does anyone have a workaround for this?

I am planning to keep one Transarc AFS machine running just for TSM
backups, but the life span of this setup is limited.  Any ideas?
Thanks.
--
Facade: Provide a unified interface to a set of interfaces in a
subsystem.

Andrew Bacchi
Staff Systems Programmer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute