[OpenAFS-devel] TSM not supported on Linux

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Sat, 24 May 2003 08:44:40 +0200 (CEST)

> Is there any gossip that this will someday be supported?  Is anyone else
> using TSM for backups?  Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Workaround 1 (we do it that way today): Archive volume dumps.

Workaround 2: If you could convince TSM that a volume mountpoint looks
like a Linux mountpoint (minor dev number), it might be possible to
craft an mtab which should convince dsmc to treat it like any other
file system. I have not had any time to do any programming to test this.

/dev/hda5	/			ext2 rw 0 0
volume.home	/afs/pdc.kth.se/home	ext2 rw 0 0

Harald.