[OpenAFS-devel] UserQ: What is the Status of XBSA/TSM stuff?

Mathias Feiler feiler@uni-hohenheim.de
Mon, 26 May 2003 15:13:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello
Could one be so friendly  giving me a hint...  ?

According to  "OpenAFS-devel digest, Vol 1 #786"   (4. of April 2003)
|> The main reason I have this point of view was due to something Derrick
|> B. said a few months ago when I was working on some TSM/XBSA stuff.  And
I'm  encouraged to write this Mail.

Context:
  According to our strategie I have to setup a second disjunctiv
  backup-system. The first is
	vos dump | adsmpipe --> tsm-1

  For the second I'd like to use something like
	BUTC towards tsm2
  (we had buta working on  3.4a , but I realy should go ahead)

Question:
  (1) is it still true that I need a third party XBSA-TSM-library?
  (2) is it still true that there is no  XBSA-TSM-library  for Linux?
  (3)   If so , is there an other solution to run  LINUX-BUTC  towards  TSM?
  (4)     If not , is it planed to make it possible in the near future?
  (5) Any other hints / recomends

Thank You for reply.

Sincerely Yours

Mathias Feiler

----
 M. Feiler Roßbergstr.1 72649 Wolfschlugen 0049 (0)7022 560965 (Privat)
 feiler@uni-hohenheim.de     RZ (620)   0049 (0)711/459-3949   (Uni)
 PGP public key &  Homepage   :  http://www.uni-hohenheim.de/~feiler