Patch: Solved: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] PAM / openssh 3.7.1p2

Dean Anderson dean@av8.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:39:11 -0400 (EDT)

I have another gripe about openssh 3.7.1p2: Password authentication
doesn't try pam.  While I appreciate the additional capabilities of
keyboard-interactive/pam, which can support things like cypto cards and
such, simple password authentication should still attempt PAM
authentication. Obviously, one is more limited about what can be handled
this way, but many pam modules work with passwords, and many ssh clients
don't support keyboard-interactive/pam.

Is anyone actively working with the openssh group?

		--Dean