[OpenAFS-devel] long volume names (was IPV6)

Jenkins, Steven JENKINSS@mail.etsu.edu
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:29:11 -0400

Some larger sites automatically generate volume names, which means there
may actually be some places with x3xlkj8 (or whatever) as a volume name.
Most of the places I know of that auto-generate have some kind of naming
conventions in place (eg, 'u' as the first char for user volumes, 's'
for system components, etc), but I think it would be a good idea to put
together a design doc and float it around openafs-info.

Steven