[OpenAFS-devel] How stable is afsd with cache on /dev/loop ???

Vitaly cvv@email.zp.ua
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:48:26 +0200 (EET)

I was try install openAFS 1.2.13 on my linux(2.4.22) machine.
afsd require ext2 filesystem for itself's cache but all my filesystem have ext3.

I create a file with size 130M format it to ext2 end mount it to /usr/vice/cache via loop.

But afsd sometimes go down with all system. also kernel message in log about filesystem corruption on /dev/loop.

afsd configured to use little more then 100MB of cache.

Question: it's like disk corruption or afsd bug???

if I move cache from loop to raw partition it will be more stable???

afsd always dead at time intensive afs usage (about some hundreds files per second)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM BCS! http://www.bcs.zp.ua
Join BCS today! For your FREE webmail, visit: http://email.zp.ua/