[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.3.74 on AIX - authenticated access causes system dump on 32 bit kernel, cfgexport64 fails on 64 bit kernel

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:06:04 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Michael Niksch wrote:

> When I try to use the newly built klog command to obtain a token from my
> OpenAFS 1.2.11 kaserver, I get prompted for my password. If I type a wrong
> password, klog terminates with the usual error. However, it I type the
> correct password, klog crashes with 'Illegal instruction(coredump)', and I am
> left without a token. I can access files as system:anyuser.

Ok, I bet this is the kauth problem with args to ubik_CallIter which we
changed in CVS recently,

> When I use an old klog command (OpenAFS 1.2.10 or OpenAFS 1.2.13 on AIX
> 4.3.3, IBM AFS 3.6 2.50 on AIX 5.2), I do get a token, which I can look at
> using the tokens command. However, as soon as I attempt to access a file
> while holding a token, the machine crashes with a system dump (note that file
> access was working while not holding a token). The same happens if I install
> a token by other means, e.g. using a token-transfering sshd that works
> happily with other versions of AFS.

And this is the large token support patch (which sets MAXKTCTICKETLEN to
12000) overflowing something (change src/rxkad/rxkad.p.h to something
smaller and recompile)

> Furthermore, if I run with the 64 bit kernel on rs_aix52, cfgexport64 already
> causes a core dump and AFS doesn't come up at all.

this i have no clue on; i have never had a 64 bit aix machine, ever.