[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.3.74 on AIX - authenticated access causes system dump on 32 bit kernel, cfgexport64 fails on 64 bit kernel

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:12:22 +0100 (MET)

>    rs_aix52 on AIX 5200-04 using vac.C 6.0.0.9 (up or mp kernel)

I have

tang:openafs-current$ oslevel
5.2.0.0
tang:openafs-current$ lslpp -l | grep vac
  vac.C                      6.0.0.0  COMMITTED  C for AIX Compiler

The patches from Horst agains current:

/afs/pdc.kth.se/home/h/haba/Public/openafs-aix-1.diff

To load the kernel module I have installed: bos.adt.syscalls

afsd started with -nosettime

And with this my machine happens to run happily AFS with a 64-kernel
(non-nfs-whatsoever).

> When I try to use the newly built klog command to obtain a token from my
> OpenAFS 1.2.11 kaserver, I get prompted for my password. If I type a
> wrong password, klog terminates with the usual error. However, it I type
> the correct password, klog crashes with 'Illegal instruction(coredump)',
> and I am left without a token. I can access files as system:anyuser.
>
> When I use an old klog command (OpenAFS 1.2.10 or OpenAFS 1.2.13 on AIX
> 4.3.3, IBM AFS 3.6 2.50 on AIX 5.2), I do get a token, which I can look
>
> However, as soon as I attempt to access a
> file while holding a token, the machine crashes with a system dump (note
> that file access was working while not holding a token).

This is because allocating so much mem as your code does not work in
the kernel module. If someone can, tell us how to allocate so much
mem without panic. Current workaround is to allocate less.

> Furthermore, if I run with the 64 bit kernel on rs_aix52, cfgexport64
> already causes a core dump and AFS doesn't come up at all.

Has not happend to me at all. Which kernel module (nfs/non-nfs)?
You crash before or after starting afsd?

Harald.