[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.3.74 on AIX - authenticated access causes system dump on 32 bit kernel, cfgexport64 fails on 64 bit kernel

Michael Niksch nik@zurich.ibm.com
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:29:18 +0100

 > The patches from Horst agains current:
 >
 > /afs/pdc.kth.se/home/h/haba/Public/openafs-aix-1.diff

I applied those patches on the 1.3.74 release (after realizing that, for
some odd reason, src/auth/ktc.c has a different version string in CVS
than in 1.3.74, even though CVS claims the file hasn't changed since
long before the release of 1.3.74 - it looks like the revision 1.16
timestamp in the CVS log is plain wrong, and the revision sequence is
corrupted) and compiled successfully.

For one thing, the patch to Makefile.in now prevents src/tsm41 and hence
afs_dynamic_auth and afs_dynamic_kerbauth from being made, so that
integrated login via /usr/lib/security/methods.cfg wouldn't be able to
work anymore.

As an advantage of the patches, 'cfgexport64 -a export64.ext.nonfs' does
now work when using the 64-bit kernel. Unfortunately, though, klog keeps
dumping core and using a token from elsewhere keeps crashing the system.
This happens for both the 32- and 64-bit kernels.

Is there any hope that I might be luckier with the upcoming 1.3.75 release?

--
Michael Niksch                     /Zurich/IBM @ IBMCH
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory     nik@zurich.ibm.com