[OpenAFS-devel] OpenSSH, OpenAFS, Heimdal Kerberos and MITKerberos

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:08:48 -0600

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
>
> > > Ew. See also my rants to Ken (you FORKED an AKLOG?)
> >
> > Yes, ak5log or gssklog. Note the -setpag, when it works, is nice
> > as this sets the PAG in the parent processes so makes it even easier
> > to get the OpenAFS dependiencs out of the caller.
>
> I wouldn't bank on that continuing to work especially with whatever "brave
> new world" Linux 2.6 ends up forcing on us.

Well AFS still has kernel code which can do anything :-)

If Linux does add a PAG, and AFS can use it, then that is half the battle.
and the -setpag wil not be needed.

NFSv4 will also need a PAG, as it is an authenticaed filesystem which needs
credentials. So AFS is not alone at least.

> Call me a nay-sayer or a skeptic if you like, what others call cynicism
> has been realism to me since 1990, and I doubt that will change in 2004.

I know what you mean :-(