[OpenAFS-devel] Problems using the RedHat patches to get OpenAFS working on Debian using 2.6 kernel

Rainer Schöpf rainer.schoepf@proteosys.com
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 01:00:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Christine Nattrass wrote:

 > I'm running Debian Linux with the 2.6.7 kernel.  Exactly what I did is
 > up at:
 > http://pantheon.yale.edu/~cen8/Openafs.html
 > (because, ironically, in my optimism, I thought it was going to work and
 > I was going to post something to help other people)
 >
 > however when I type
 >    /usr/local/sbin/afsd
 > to start afs I get a segementation fault
 >
 > I had no compiler errors, however, when I look in /var/log/messages I see:
 >
 > [...]

Is this perhaps an XFS partition on which the AFS cache resides? This
won't work. You might try running afsd with the -memcache option.

BTW, is this debian stable, testing, or unstable? I've got OpenAFS running
on debian unstable with the 2.6.6 kernel.

 Rainer Schöpf