[OpenAFS-devel] Problems using the RedHat patches to get OpenAFS working on Debian using 2.6 kernel

Jack Neely jjneely@pams.ncsu.edu
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:47:01 -0400

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 05:04:53PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Jack Neely wrote:
>
> >Its simpler than that.  My evil patch that is the most hideous crime
> >against open source that I have committed to date found something else
> >besides the sys_call_table.
>
> You're being a bit hard on yourself;-)
>
> But basically, this is the hazard of continuing to do stuff this way.

Yeah, I've seen quite a lot of fun.  I have one machine where after I
verify that it did get the right address for the syscall table, if the
openafs module is installed the kernel setgroups() call always returns
-EINVAL.  Not openafs code, the kernel.  Haven't figured that one out.
Other machines the patch seems to work.

I have patched in a verify function.  I think just using the one from
the Arla code base verbatim will work just as well.  Just replace

    if (ok)

with

    if (ok && verify(ptr))

Jack