[OpenAFS-devel] [LKML] Re: In-kernel Authentication Tokens (PAGs)

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:15:26 -0500

> OpenAFS does not care about the inverse operation of (a): given an
> authentication context, find all of the subject processes which belong
> thereto.  OpenAFS does not permit any variations on (b).

Actually, that's not entirely true. With superuser privs you can
definately
join another pag, it just isn't code-friendly. You just have to know
what the current integer values for the PAG are and set them in your
group list.=20

However, since I'm one of the few people making use of that, and since
it's to manually implement something that OpenAFS should now do natively
on linux, I'm not sure it's a problem to drop it.

-- Nathan