[OpenAFS-devel] [LKML] Re: In-kernel Authentication Tokens (PAGs)

David Thompson thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:50:21 -0500

Because the current implementation doesn't know what PAGs currently exist, it
enforces uniqueness by incrementing an internal counter.  Then, to insure that
the counter didn't overflow, (and thus re-issue a PAG) the code limits the
increment (and the rate of new PAGs) to one per second.

There's much better documentation in .../src/afs/afs_osi_pag.c

Dave