[OpenAFS-devel] traces!

prasanna wakhare pvwakhare@yahoo.com
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 05:09:21 -0700 (PDT)

hi,
I made a 5 machine setup in our college with 1 machine

is main fileserver with everything running ,2 other
fileserver ,total 3 distributed partition
/vicepa,/vicepb,/vicepc,
all can locally store the volumes which are basically
user directory,managed by main fileserver,all witout
kerberos,
I think i had made a good progress,but the very
crucial question i want to ask,
I have to find out how the AFS works like if we can
put some traces,like
in linux kernel i can doo that by strace,
or using gdb on live kernel image,
or many tools like UML,and BOchs emulator,to put
breakpointes,see what happens when particular event
fired and all these,
Let me know plz how can do this in case of AFS,
like editing Makefile etc.
Please let me know we (our project group) can atleast
study the code,and make some docs. on that.
Thanks for earlier help also
Prasanna