[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.3.65 on PPC linux26

Manuel Perez Ayala mperaya@alcazaba.unex.es
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:59:53 +0200

Hi all.

I'm trying to install a group of openafs servers on PPC machines here, at the
University of Extremadura.

I'm 3c996 gigabit cards and need to use the 2.6 kernel because the tg3 driver
has interrupt problems on 2.4 over ppc.

I've downloaded the 1.3.65 sources and working on it to build the ppc-linux26
binaries.

It seems to work (I'm a beginner on openafs and for now I'm succeded in compile
it and I'm working in configure the cells - the servers starts with no crash)

I'm using Debian Sarge on PPC machines (PowerMacintosh G4) and the debian
packages build good.

If you are interested, you can download a tar file with all the files I'm
modified from a fresh 1.3.65 source tar file.

http://alcazaba.unex.es/~mperaya/openafs/openafs-ppc-linux26.tar.gz

If the server is not responding, perhaps whe have again problems with our energy
 suplier (here, at Badajoz, it's a hot summer, and the energy company has
problems to suply all the power the air conditioner machines demand and then
crash periodically).

You can try again later in this case.

Manuel Perez Ayala
mperaya@alcazaba.unex.es
Facultad de Biblioteconomía y Documentación
Universidad de Extremadura