[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] 2.6 kernel support anytime soon? Workarounds?

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Tue, 11 May 2004 14:39:15 -0400

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 02:24:42PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> See, in an AFS world you don't need to do this.  Users don't need
> "primary groups", because unix groups are generally irrelevant in an
> AFS world.  Just create a generally meaningless system-wide group for
> your user's primary group..  Assuming you plan to be an AFS shop.

We're not an AFS world. We're a multi-OS, multi-architecture,
multi-department, multi-everything world. And we'd like to have AFS, and
we'd like it to play nice with the others. I don't think that's too much to
ask. :)

[ trimming CC list -- it's getting of control. ]

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>