[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.71 on AIX 5.2 with VAC 6.0

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:28:33 +0200

On Oct 11, 2004, at 7:01 PM, Harald Barth wrote:

> Thanks again Horst for helping me with the AIX stuff. It mostly works
> ;-) When dumping big volumes (I've seen this on volume sizes bigger
> that 4GB but less than our max quota of 5GB) with vos, I get a core
> with the following traceback (sorry, did not get any debugging symbols
> into the binary yet):
>
> #0  0x1002895c in rxi_NewCall ()
> #1  0x10028948 in rxi_NewCall ()
> #2  0x10029b00 in rx_NewCall ()
> #3  0x1005a924 in AFSVolEndTrans ()
> #4  0x10053478 in UV_DumpVolume ()
> #5  0x10008a14 in DumpVolume ()
> #6  0x10011480 in cmd_Dispatch ()
> #7  0x10002c08 in main ()
> #8  0x100001dc in __start ()
>
> In additions the transaction is left unfinished.

Actually there isn't anything in rxi_NewCall that has anything to do
with the volume size.
The bug must be somewhere else. The problem is ... I can't reproduce it
right now.

> I see that there are some updates in CVS since Horst's snapshot - do
> you think that there is a diff that would help me with the problem
> above? The servers is on version 1.3.71.

I don't see anything in the changes that could have broken that ... :-(

Horst