[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.71 on AIX 5.2 with VAC 6.0

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:41:28 +0200

On Oct 11, 2004, at 7:01 PM, Harald Barth wrote:

> Thanks again Horst for helping me with the AIX stuff. It mostly works
> ;-) When dumping big volumes (I've seen this on volume sizes bigger
> that 4GB but less than our max quota of 5GB) with vos, I get a core
> with the following traceback (sorry, did not get any debugging symbols
> into the binary yet):
>
> #0  0x1002895c in rxi_NewCall ()
> #1  0x10028948 in rxi_NewCall ()
> #2  0x10029b00 in rx_NewCall ()
> #3  0x1005a924 in AFSVolEndTrans ()
> #4  0x10053478 in UV_DumpVolume ()
> #5  0x10008a14 in DumpVolume ()
> #6  0x10011480 in cmd_Dispatch ()
> #7  0x10002c08 in main ()
> #8  0x100001dc in __start ()

I traced the problem a little further and I think you end up in
AFSVolEndtrans because of an error in getting the file.
If you take a look at src/usd/usd_file.c where  the
USD_IOCTL_GETBLKSIZE call is implemented you will see real weird stuff
done for AIX because AIX lacking some data in the stats.

Maybe I can fix this but it takes some time.

In the mean time ... can you make sure that you're able to write more
than 4GB in the filesystem you're doing your dumps on?
So that I'm not tracing a ghost. ;-)

Horst