[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.71 on AIX 5.2 with VAC 6.0

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:47:56 +0200 (MEST)

> I traced the problem a little further and I think you end up in
> AFSVolEndtrans because of an error in getting the file.
> If you take a look at src/usd/usd_file.c where  the
> USD_IOCTL_GETBLKSIZE call is implemented you will see real weird stuff
> done for AIX because AIX lacking some data in the stats.

It should be 4K because of pipe.

> In the mean time ... can you make sure that you're able to write more
> than 4GB in the filesystem you're doing your dumps on?
> So that I'm not tracing a ghost. ;-)

See above - I'm writing to a pipe. The receiving process takes big
chunks of data, but may have died for some reason so that the pipe
stalls. Can that be a problem? In the meantime I'm trying to get
Arla's vos dump in shape and I'm finding a some strange code in
OpenAFS' vos dump, but not related to this problem. Patch will follow.

Harald.