[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS server 1.3.80 on x86_64

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 21:33:44 +0200

On Apr 3, 2005, at 11:35 AM, Ulrich Schwickerath wrote:

>> do you have a root.afs volume for afsd to mount?
> yes, I created root.afs with vos before starting afsd.
> [root@iwrcgop028 root]# vos listvol iwrcgop028
> Total number of volumes on server iwrcgop028 partition /vicepa: 1
> root.afs                          536870912 RW          2 K On-line
>
> Total volumes onLine 1 ; Total volumes offLine 0 ; Total busy 0
>
> the volume is located on an an ext2 file system. (tried both ext3 and
> ext2,
> same effect).

> <...>
>

> Looks a bit as if the root.afs volume is not being seen or something
> the like.
> I also switched to kaserver and tried to recreate the root.afs, but
> without
> success.
> Any idea ?

Is your volume in the VLDB?? Is any volume in the VLDB??? Just a stupid
question. I know.
I'm just trying to make sure the error isn't something very simple and
banal.

 From the output above I don't see any root.cell ... maybe it's on
another server. Just trying to clarify the picture ...
You need both of them for a cell to work if you don't use dynroot.

Horst