[OpenAFS-devel] Improved locking patch, handles F_SETLKW/64

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:09:51 -0500

I will have to take a look next week, but if this patch behaves as
described, my objection is lifted.

This may be a good starting point for doing our own internal
implementation that does cross-platform support since it gives us an
easy starting path - reimplement the posix_ routines ourselves, but
let's at least get this one in.

However, if we are nearing a 1.4 release, I would say this is probably
1.4.>1 material as opposed to 1.4.0.

-- Nathan

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 20:32 -0400, Matt Benjamin wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> I looked at concurrency, I don't observe that a F_SETLKW client blocks a
> client requesting a non-overlapping range (ie, at AFS_GLOCK()).  Doesn't
> appear to be the case, from what I observe.  After your comment, I
> wondered why not.
>
> Matt
>
> Matt Benjamin wrote:
>
> > I think this corrects the oversight--thanks for the help, Nathan.
> >
> > I take the point about handling other platforms, and would like to
> > look at the options, but I couldn't look closely for a while.  (Also,
> > note that this is a rather concise fix.)
> >
> > Matt

University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216