[OpenAFS-devel] openafs ppc64 port for Kernel 2.6

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:25:20 -0400

On Tuesday, April 12, 2005 08:01:00 PM +0200 Sven Oehme <oehmes@de.ibm.com>
wrote:

> I am not stupid !

Perhaps not, but the patch you submitted did nothing to make it clear that
you had permission to publish that code under the IPL.  We've had cases in
the past of people who either weren't aware of licensing issues or who said
they just didn't care.  As someone who distributes OpenAFS quite widely, I
am concerned that it remain possible for me to do so legally, which means
avoiding conflicting license terms.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer