[OpenAFS-devel] openafs ppc64 port for Kernel 2.6

Sven Oehme oehmes@de.ibm.com
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:49:58 +0200

--=_alternative 0067701DC1256FE1_=

i saw derrick already send out a note to Paul , so i think he will answer
soon ..
may be it was my fault to not put a small statement in the patch , that we
used some lines of code from Paul and asked him up-front for permission.
i will do so next time, if we have to reuse some code, to clear contusions
from the beginning :-)

Sven

Dept. A153,  STG EMEA AIS Strategy and Architecture
Development Leader Open Enterprise System Virtualization
IBM intranet ---> http://w3.ais.mainz.de.ibm.com/oesv/
internet ---> http://www-5.ibm.com/services/de/storage/stonehenge.html
Phone (+49)-6131-84-3151
Fax      (+49)-6131-84-6708
Mobil   (+49)-171-970-6664
E-Mail : oehmes@de.ibm.com

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu>
Sent by: openafs-devel-admin@openafs.org
12/04/2005 20:25

Sven Oehme/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
cc
openafs-devel <openafs-devel@openafs.org>, Paul Mackerras
<pmac@au1.ibm.com>
Subject
Re: [OpenAFS-devel] openafs ppc64 port for Kernel 2.6

On Tuesday, April 12, 2005 08:01:00 PM +0200 Sven Oehme
<oehmes@de.ibm.com>
wrote:

> I am not stupid !

Perhaps not, but the patch you submitted did nothing to make it clear that

you had permission to publish that code under the IPL.  We've had cases in

the past of people who either weren't aware of licensing issues or who
said
they just didn't care.  As someone who distributes OpenAFS quite widely, I

am concerned that it remain possible for me to do so legally, which means
avoiding conflicting license terms.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer

--=_alternative 0067701DC1256FE1_=

to Paul , so i think he will answer soon ..</font>
small statement in the patch , that we used some lines of code from Paul
and asked him up-front for permission.</font>
reuse some code, to clear contusions from the beginning :-)</font>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
Dept. A153, &nbsp;STG EMEA AIS Strategy and Architecture<br>
Development Leader Open Enterprise System Virtualization <br>
IBM intranet ---&gt; http://w3.ais.mainz.de.ibm.com/oesv/<br>
internet ---&gt; http://www-5.ibm.com/services/de/storage/stonehenge.html<br>
Phone (+49)-6131-84-3151<br>
Fax &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;(+49)-6131-84-6708<br>
Mobil &nbsp; (+49)-171-970-6664<br>
E-Mail : oehmes@de.ibm.com</font>
Paul Mackerras &lt;pmac@au1.ibm.com&gt;</font>
ppc64 port for Kernel 2.6</font></table>
On Tuesday, April 12, 2005 08:01:00 PM +0200 Sven Oehme &lt;oehmes@de.ibm.com&gt;
wrote:<br>
&gt; I am not stupid !<br>
Perhaps not, but the patch you submitted did nothing to make it clear that
you had permission to publish that code under the IPL. &nbsp;We've had
cases in <br>
the past of people who either weren't aware of licensing issues or who
said <br>
they just didn't care. &nbsp;As someone who distributes OpenAFS quite widely,
I <br>
am concerned that it remain possible for me to do so legally, which means
avoiding conflicting license terms.<br>
-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) &lt;jhutz+@cmu.edu&gt;<br>
 &nbsp; Sr. Research Systems Programmer<br>
 &nbsp; School of Computer Science - Research Computing Facility<br>
 &nbsp; Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA<br>